Cardno Vice President of Human Resources in Austin / Dallas / DC / Denver, District Of Columbia
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Human Resources who will be responsible for directing all of the people functions of the corporation in accordance with the policies and practices of Cardno in the Americas.The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of having a transformative impact on the shaping of these policies and procedures working with our CEO to align the HR function into a business partnership with operations.
This position will report directly to the CEO of Cardno Americas and will ideally be based out of Austin, Dallas, Denver, or Arlington, VA.
Primary Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Lead and develop HR strategies within Cardno, Inc.
- Develop and lead the team of HR professionals.
- Coordinate with Cardno Global HR to ensure alignment.
- Participate as a strategic partner in the development of the Cardno, Inc.’s plans and programs particularly from the perspective of the impact on employees.
- Oversee the development and implementation of HR policies, programs and services, including recruitment, retention and succession planning, legal compliance, compensation, employee benefits, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, immigration, and employee communications.
- Work with leadership to create a workplace environment consistent with Cardno, Inc.’s mission and values.
- Serve as senior level advisor on HR issues to managers, HR professionals, and all levels of employees throughout Cardno, Inc.
- Ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to HR and remain current with changes in human resource and employment law.
- Develop, enhance and implement systems that will improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of HR.
- Oversee and work with the Director of Talent Acquisition to improve recruiting strategies.
- Encourage internal recruitment cross-company.
- Work to enhance Cardno’s social networking presence in regard to recruiting
- Participate in significant employment investigations and grievances.
- Oversee any region wide initiatives, including, but not limited to, employee engagement surveys, leadership surveys, Career Development Reviews, etc.
- Oversee and work with Benefits Manager and CFO to negotiate and manage Cardno, Inc. employee benefits programs to meet company and employee needs.
- Work with HR team to prepare consistent communications during Open Enrollment and throughout the plan year.
- Lead 401(k) program, including compliance and reporting.
Systems, Policies and Procedures:
- Manager HRIS Leader to enhance quality of Workday HRIS system for employee and employer use. Add on modules as budget allows to continue buildout of the system.
- Develop and oversee application and maintenance of essential policies and procedures.
- Ensure alignment with Cardno policies and procedures where applicable.
Learning and Development:
- Oversee the learning and development strategy for the region and implement as per business requirements.
- Align employee Career Development Review (CDR) process with Cardno and oversee CDR process.
- Coordinate and oversee salary review process.
- Participate in and provide appropriate benchmark compensation information for business requirements.
- Develop and oversee annual distribution of STI and LTI programs for employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- 15+ years of corporate Human Resources Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading a multi-location HR Team
- SPHR Certification is desired
- Exceptional written and oral communications
- Positive, flexible, team-oriented approach, with the willingness and desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be proficient in MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to travel to other Cardno Offices within the U.S.
- Advanced Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Relevant post graduate studies desired
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Self-motivated; strong initiative
Detail oriented; resourceful
Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
**Not ready to Apply yet? Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts of new job opportunities that match you interest
Stay up to date with the latest news on Cardno
Share opportunities with family and friends through Social Media
Join our Talent Network
Please note that by clicking this link you are NOT applying. To apply you must click the "Apply Online" link below**
Requisition Number: 16-0376
Title: Vice President of Human Resources
Status: Regular FT
City: Austin / Dallas / DC / Denver