HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Transcriptionist PRN in Aurora, Colorado
Medical Transcriptionist (Pathology) PRN
The Medical Center of Aurora is seeking an experienced medical transcription for the Pathology Dept. Under the direction of the Histology Coordinator and the Pathologists, the Pathology Transcriber has the primary responsibility for completing the pathology reports with accuracy and in a timely manner. This also includes administrative and secretarial duties.
/The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality./
* None required.
* Course in medical terminology or work experience to produce an equivalent level of expertise.
* Five years of clerical experience in medical related office to include Medical Transcription. * Prefer experience as a medical transcriber with pathology knowledge.
*Special Qualifications: *
- Interacts positively and professionally with patients, families, peers, physicians, other hospital departments, administration and the general public.
- Is responsible for the daily pathology transcription on the Meditech System. Transcription is performed with accuracy and completed as requested by the pathologists.
- Prints, distributes (via direct delivery, mail or fax) pathology reports to designated locations, e.g. radiation oncology, radiology, physicians offices, medical records, etc.
- Files pathology reports in an organized manner. Retrieves pathology slides when requested by pathologists or other physician.
- Sends out slides and blocks upon pathologist’s approval.
- Arranges and organizes pathology cases for monthly tumor conference.
- Performs general secretarial duties.
- Ensures a safe patient care environment.
Degree of supervision required: * Must be able to work independently within laboratory guidelines * must have the ability to make good decisions about the need to solicit input from the coordinator(s), laboratory director and/or pathologist (s). * Must proceed on his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures, and practices prescribed by the coordinator, laboratory director and/or pathologist (s). If you meet and/or exceed the above qualifications apply now.
Title: Medical Transcriptionist PRN
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-57725