Lifetime Care Certified Home Health Aide - Up to $2500 Retention Bonus * - NOV 1 Day Conversion Classes - Wayne/Seneca/Ontario/Cayuga/Yates County Home Care Cases in Auburn, New York
Are you a current CNA or Certified Home Health Aide? *We have work available in Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, Yates, Schuyler and Cayuga Counties. Starting pay is $10.00 for 0-1 yr experience and increases with each year of experience disclosed on your application and resume. We also reimburse mileage from patient home to patient home at .45 per mile and pay your travel time. *
Benefits are offered for those who steadily work 20-40 hours per week, including paid holidays, vacation, sick time, medical/dental/life insurance and much more.
Lifetime Care has an upcoming 1 day conversion classes scheduled for NOV 1 2016. *The 1 day "Conversion Classes" will be held in our Wayne County office located at 800 West Miller Street in Newark (Wegmans Plaza). This position is eligible for up to a $2500 retention bonus * (restrictions apply inquire for details).**
Home Health Aides are needed in Western Wayne County (104 CORRIDOR) Ontario, Cayuga, South Seneca, Schuyler/Yates Counties.
Note: Candidates who successfully pass the skills competency evaluation must be able to attend Orientation 9am -3pm on THURS NOVEMBER 3rd)
SUMMARY: While following an individualized patient Care Plan as prescribed and ordered by a physician, Home Health Aides provide quality care to home-bound individuals requiring assistance with personal care and home support services. Assists with the physical/personal care of the individual to restore the activities of daily living. Home Health Aides maintain and record/write accurate patient records.
- Observing and recording/documenting patient’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status (vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and intake/output).
- Providing personal care assistance and home support services while supporting the patient's physical and emotional well-being. This will include assisting with morning care, evening care, toileting, bathing, and more.
- Maintaining a safe/hazard free and clean environment.
- Proper hand washing technique.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Safe and proper patient transfering; including safe operation of Hoyer Lift and other equipment.
- Completing required paperwork according to established company policies.
- Reporting pertinent observations and significant changes in patient’s condition to Registered Nurse.
- Assisting with medications which are ordinarily self-administered and which a physician has prescribed.
- Supportive activities participation (to ensure maximum patient independence within their own residence).
- Maintains high regard for patient and family privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and the HIPAA.
Eligibility Criteria for HCP Employment as a Certified Home Health Aide:
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus possession of a valid/NYS DOH recognized C.N.A., or HHA certificate.
- Must possess evidence of Certified HHA Class completion.
- Must have the ability to independently read, write, understand, and carry out directions or instructions and maintain simple records.
- Demonstrates commitment to outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
- Must possess a Valid NYS Driver's license (Learners Permits are not acceptable), own reliable vehicle and a working telephone.
- Must respect patient confidentiality, have an empathetic attitude toward patients and families requiring care and must complete annual Home Health Aide education in-service requirements as required.
- Pre-training and pre-employment physical examination required to ensure the applicants ability to perform the essential responsibilities of the job. An annual health assessment as required by NYS Department of Health is also required.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-1143
Post Date: 10/20/2016
Title: Certified Home Health Aide - Up to $2500 Retention Bonus * - NOV 1 Day Conversion Classes - Wayne/Seneca/Ontario/Cayuga/Yates County Home Care Cases
Job Type: Part Time
City: Auburn, Canandaigua or Naples