Federal Reserve Bank Financial Management Senior Analyst - Asset Mgmt in Atlanta, Georgia
Provides analytical support and project coordination for functions in the Financial Management and Planning (FMP) department. Provides guidance/consultation to all levels of management on complex situations. Researches and responds to ad hoc requests for information from senior management,internal audit,Board of Governors, other Reserve Banks and System entities. Communicates findings and interacts with District staff, through various forums. Provides functional advice or training to less-experienced financial analyst positions.
- Responsible for supporting complex financial management and planning assignments and projects. Validates transactions and assures they are processed timely and accurately. Anticipates, interprets, and evaluates the effect of daily financial management on organizational needs. Conducts complex financial analysis including reviewing data trends, forecasting and interpreting results, compiling reports, and communicating findings to department leadership. Maintains appropriate records and monitors transactions in order to ensure compliance.
- Participates in complex financial analysis and projects, which can include district and system level workgroups. This includes providing guidance to projects managers on items such as FAM requirements and leads projects as assigned.
- Provides guidance and support to junior staff members for achievement of unit objectives. Conducts analysis of data/reports of more complex operations to assure accuracy and identify issues. Makes recommendations to change current process in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Primary support for financial management and planning applications. Serves as a user liaison when testing and implementation new applications or maintenance releases. Reviews, analyzes and ensures proper functioning and accountability of financial records and system(s).
- Conducts training on District procedures, FAM, and/or accounting software. Develops presentations and training programs.
Education:Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience:Five to eight years preferred
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Asset Management, Construction, and Software Development Accounting
- Strong analytical skills
Internal control understanding
Microsoft office Suite
- Light Project Management
Certifications / Licenses
Accounting certification or similar knowledge level a plus
Testing: Skills Assessment(s) will be administered.
/ This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. /
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Title: Financial Management Senior Analyst - Asset Mgmt
Requisition ID: 248428