Aon Corporation CDS Workday Lead Functional Architect (Workday HCM Certification required) - U.S. Virtual in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description Aon Is Looking For A Workday Lead Functional Architect As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Deployment Solutions group within Aon Hewitt. As a Workday Lead Functional Architect, you will report directly to the HCM or Recruiting Domain Lead.
**Your Impact As A Workday Lead Functional Architect
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from requirements definition gathering to project planning and implementation.
- A major part of this position is to provide a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations.
- Individuals in this role are expected to either:
1) Manage and guide a team a small team of individuals as well as to take on a lead role within any project in which they may serve as an active participant OR
2) Become the lead Subject Matter Expert within the Human Capital Management (HCM) functional area of Workday. In this role, they will provide thought leadership in the area both within Cloud Deployment Solutions and the broader Workday ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, defines and documents complex business requirements and processes.
- Leads design and review sessions/workshops with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management.
- Understands the scope and details of project plan and is able to identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manages multiple, parallel projects using exceptional organizational and time management techniques to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Manages Workday implementations through the various lifecycle stages, from business need through design and delivery.
- Performs principal consultant duties as the lead functional or technical consultant on Workday implementations, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- As the Lead Functional Architect (LFA) within the HCM functional area of Workday, will be expected to demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in this area of expertise. The LFA will guide, recommend and lead the team through the project as it relates to this area.
- The LFA will provide guidance on how their area of capability can help resolve client needs and actively participates in all phases of the Workday life cycle.
- The Subject Matter Expert will provide guidance on how their area of capability can help resolve client needs and actively participates in all phases of the Workday life cycle.
- Monitors progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships. Communicates client feedback to leadership as appropriate.
- Suggests improvements and proactively addresses issues. Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility for corporate funds, materials and resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge about the technology and participates in training and development initiatives to keep abreast of current trends and practices.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A;, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information to the Central Desktop.
- Understands IT impact to the overall business and the purpose and process of operating plans.
- Understands quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate.
- Completes assigned tasks in prescribed timelines consistent with deliverables and asks for support and direction as appropriate.
- May provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as an AonPeople Manager.
**You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Workday HCM certification REQUIRED.
- Must have completed multiple Workday implementations required.
- Able to lead an implementation and provide guidance to team members.
- Previous program/project management experience required.
- 5 years previous experience implementing HCM, Payroll, or Financial solutions and has deep HR, Payroll or Financial experience with a demonstrated aptitude for systems implementation.
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Proven experience with Workday implementations and has completed at least one, preferably two fully cycle implementations.
- Proven experience coaching, developing and growing colleagues.
- Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as in-depth knowledge of a functional area.
Prioritizes and multi-tasks, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the organization.
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
- Represents the company and department in a positive and professional manner.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
- Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work, follows through on tasks and commitments and keep information confidential, as warranted. Demonstrates strong work ethics.
- Shares personal work experiences with co-workers in an effort to coach and develop the team.
- Possesses strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities to strengthen skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical, business or financial discipline.
We offer you A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience: From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience. About Aon:** Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 0056953
Location: United States, GA, Atlanta