Federal Reserve Bank Bank Examiner (Multiple Levels) - Consumer Compliance in Atlanta, Georgia
Under general oversight, participates in the supervision of financial institutions (state member banks, financial holding companies, domestic and foreign-owned bank holding companies, foreign banking organizations, and non-bank subsidiaries) by proactively identifying risks through on and off-site examination and monitoring activities, to ensure that the institutions are operating in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Meets with financial institution management to discuss findings. May develop and maintain in-depth expertise in one or more specialty areas or topics, including but not limited to capital markets, operations risk, information technology, or consumer regulations.
- Performs examinations and inspections of financial institutions, ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and produces a comprehensive report of findings. Conducts risk assessments and performs ongoing surveillance for a portfolio of institutions. Demonstrates balanced, well-reasoned judgment in decision making and is able to effectively communicate with senior management and directors of supervised institutions under potentially adversarial circumstances.
- Performs or assists in reviewing and editing work prepared by others for content, clarity and accuracy. Provides comments on regulatory proposals, develops procedures for use by field staff, and reviews key financial reports and information from financial institutions and written communication to financial institutions.
- Provides guidance, training, and feedback to less experienced examiners. May serve as an instructor at formal schools and through on-the-job training.
- May serve in Examiner in Charge (EIC) role (possibly with focus on specialty function), which involves planning, coordinating, and monitoring supervisory activities. May prepare or assist in preparing schedules and budgets.
Participates in a variety of continuing professional development programs. Maintains knowledge of current regulations and industry issues through communications and industry literature.
Position Specific Information:
TheConsumer ComplianceExamination team has a position available for a highly motivated professional always seeking ways to be more efficient and effective, while promoting a positive attitude and work environment. Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential to team building and relationship development. The ability to effectively solicit information and provide feedback to an array of constituents is very important. This job vacancy includes the following duties:
Perform consumer compliance examinations and ongoing monitoring of state member banks located throughout the Southeast.
- Review risk management processes while evaluating the institution’s compliance with a variety of laws and regulations.
- Write examination reports, risk assessments, and other correspondence, and discuss supervision matters with Boards of Directors and all levels of bank management.
- Participate periodically in significant projects, initiatives, and committees in the Division and System.
Develop professional and effective relationships with all levels of Supervision and Regulation management, the Board and other Reserve Banks, other bank supervisors, and pertinent functional regulators.
Associate Examiner - Less than two years
- Examiner - Two to five years preferred
Senior Examiner - Five to eight years preferred
Please note: The nature of and length of work experience will determine classification of position.
Functional Knowledge Preferences
Accounting and Finance
- Bank Examination
Examining Commission preferred
Above average ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the Board, Reserve Bank and State Member Bank management, and consumers both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., listening, motivating, enthusiasm, patience, consideration of others, etc.). Ability to professionally represent the Reserve Bank in discussions with consumers and bankers. Should have demonstrated excellent judgment.
- Heavy academic exposure to banking, preferably retail/consumer, audit, accounting, or finance.
- Must have excellent writing skills in order to concisely communicate the Reserve Bank’s conclusions to bankers and management within the Board and the Reserve Bank.
- Above average ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, meet deadlines, and multi task.
- Ability to expertly grasp other safety and soundness/compliance concepts.
Demonstrated ability to function as a team player.
Testing: Skills Assessment(s) will be administered.
Relocation: Relocation may be considered.
Special Requirement regarding Citizenship Status:
By law, this position requires that you fall within one of the following citizenship categories:
United States Citizen
- United States National
Lawful Permanent Resident Alien ("green card" holder) who plans to apply for citizenship when he/she becomes eligible and applies for citizenship within six months of becoming eligible.
Access to Confidential Supervisory Information:Due to the Supervision & Regulation Division’s access to confidential supervisory information concerning financial institutions, employees in this position will be required to disclose and address conflicts of interest within the financial industry. Examples include stock ownership and indebtedness.
/This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments)./
/Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Title: Bank Examiner (Multiple Levels) - Consumer Compliance
Requisition ID: 248361
Other Locations: FL-Miami, AL-Birmingham