Fleet Farm Strategic Sourcing Manager in Appleton, Wisconsin
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies in Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) spend categories. This position will not only “own” certain categories (e.g, store supplies, store maintenance and services) but he/she will coordinate and collaborate with functional leads across a wide spectrum of categories (e.g., corporate services, Human Resources, IT, Logistics, etc.).
This position will report to the VP of Store Support Services and will be measured on spend addressed, savings achieved, and working capital impact. Prioritization, focus, and the ability to work cross functionally will be critical to success in this role.
Strategic Sourcing Manager responsibilities include:
- Work with functional stakeholders to understand category requirements, specifications, quality, delivery and other service requirements.
- Understand national and/or regional supply markets, including major suppliers and their capabilities, historical and projected price movements, substitutes & alternate specifications, new technological developments, etc.
- Develop and execute, along with appropriate functional, technical, supply chain, quality and other colleagues, a category sourcing strategy designed to provide year-on-year improvements in cost, quality and service. performance. This would include overall sourcing approach, sourcing frequency, target number of suppliers, type of contracts, and savings levers to be utilized.
- Work in collaboration with functional leaders and the Mills management to develop tactical ordering processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Track category savings performance and provide cost forecasts to Mills management.
- Drives utilization of on-line catalogs, eAuctions, and other leading edge sourcing tools.
- Continually conducts market analysis and peer company benchmarking, and stays informed of trends in industry and this commodity.
- Practice effective negotiation in order to maximize program potential.
- Will work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
- Travel required based upon business needs. May be required to travel nights and weekends.
Our Commitment to Full-Time Team Members includes:
- 10% Team Member Discount
- Competitive pay
- Insurance: Life, Health, Vision & Dental*
- Paid Vacation*
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan*
- Paid Legal Holidays*
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance*
*Eligibility requirements apply.
- Obtained a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain strongly desired
- A minimum 4-7 years’ experience sourcing & procurement experience - delivering sourcing/buying services, strategic sourcing, supplier management, category management and compliance management, ideally on a multi country/global basis.
- Results oriented with the ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment
- Proactive with superior communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong negotiating skills and experience
- Knowledge of contract law
- The highest degree of confidentiality is expected for all departmental and Company information.
- Regularly required to sit, and occasionally required to stand/walk.
- Ability to travel by air or other modes of transportation.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
*This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position. *
Requisition Number: 16-2252
Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager