Evans Bank Full Time Teller - Derby Branch in Angola, New York
Why work for Evans?
- We’re the only locally-based full service, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful product management.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers, we’re not going anywhere.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work in Western New York list for three years running.
We're looking for a an individual with a passion for customer service! The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on daily customer interaction, demonstrates ability to identify customer needs, while seeking a long and rewarding career within retail banking.
Job SummaryTellers are directly responsible for processing and servicing customer accounts while delivering exceptional customer care. Tellers will also be required to meet personal sales goals as established by branch management.
Additionally, within the Evans branch system the retail staff must demonstrate a strong commitment to the Evans Core Values and Customer Service Standards. Provide superior service and an outstanding banking experience for each customer that is serviced at the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Approaches customer service needs as a high priority to provide customer service based on standards adopted by Bank
- Processes currency accurately and maintains established cash levels throughout the branch.
- Performs financial and service transactions; deposits, withdrawals, sales & redemption of US Savings Bonds, Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, coin & currency orders, loan payments, Safe deposit entries, performs cash advances, account closings, ATM/Debit card orders, pin # changes, balancing of ATM, maintaining the cash book and completes CTR filings.
- Perform routine customer service functions such as change of address, statements, check book orders
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements, including policies and procedures for processing customer transactions.
- Ensures personal sales/referral goals are attained.
- Maintains knowledge of Evans Bank products and services to effectively refer product solutions across various business lines and achieve referral goals.
- Recommends and demonstrates the use of distribution channels such as ATM, Eas-E-Line and Online Banking
- Ensures the safety and security of the customer's and the bank's assets by complying with established policies and procedures; complies with regulatory requirements
- Maintains confidentiality of information as described in the Code of Conduct
- May be cross trained as Head Teller.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years of customer service and/or sales experience
- 1-2 years of cash handling experience required
- Beginner knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- General understanding of business math skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods and ability to lift 25 - 50 lbs.
Job Location: Angola, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 339-018