Mercy Health CarePath Site Specialist in Akron, Ohio
CarePath Site Specialist
Job ID: 4634692
Updated: October 5, 2016
Geographic Location: HomeOffice
Location: Akron, OH, United States
Department: Carepath Amb Opertng Shr Alloc
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
The CarePATH Site Specialist is responsible for rounding at their assigned hospital(s), training at the facilities, support of end users, attendance on facility issues calls, and follow up on training/education tickets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Mercy Caring and Mercy Health, which are: Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life and Service.
- Round in their assigned facility with input from the CarePATH Inpatient Manager and site leadership. Rounding will include off shifts occasionally.
- Participate in meetings to facilitate CarePATH and site needs as requested by CarePATH Inpatient Manager and site leadership
- Work with application coordinators to determine the need to follow up with end users regarding issue resolution and assist with troubleshooting on-going issues
- Participate in training at the facility which includes formal and informal training efforts
- Provide support to internal and external customers.
- Understand and investigate user identified issues
- Detailed understanding of workflows and system configuration
- Work with hospital clinicians to build, maintain and support clinical systems that drive hospital operations and support safe, effective patient care and processes suitable for computer applications.
- Document identified issues and enhancement request on appropriate regional issues list
- Work with the Application Coordinator that owns their facility’s Regional Call to identify responsible person for issues/enhancements added to issues list
- Actively participates on their facility’s Regional Call
- Assist with implementation of system updates and changes with the application teams
- Thoroughly review, analyze and test new releases with the application teams as needed
- Work with users on the sharing of data, category lists, etc.
- Strong belief in the goals and objectives of the CarePATH project
- Strong organizational skills
- Other related responsibilities as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated success in working with all levels of the organization in implementing applications in a complex healthcare organization = 5+ years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with staff, management, end users, vendors and other regional personnel.
- Experience in working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Experience in implementation
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of information systems, policies and procedures, including application support, operating systems, databases and related IT areas
- Ability to research, organize, analyze and synthesize data to support effective decision making, as well as work within tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving, project management, communication and follow-up skills
- Has perspective on the ups and downs, common challenges, and strategies for success
- Predisposed to being able to see the positive in what is new and different; able to focus on what the system does and not what it does not do: an agent of change
- Approaches problems constructively, by focusing on how to move the project forward
- Deals effectively with people
- Shows appreciation for the team’s efforts
- Well respected within the organization
- Willingness to do what is required to get the job done
- Ability to become certified in Epic software application
- Establishes deadlines and adheres to them
- Can put in the time necessary to make the project a success.
- Can explore and analyze alternatives
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, nursing or related field, healthcare experience required
- PMP certification a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Full Time, 40 hours/week
Day Shift, 8:00am - 5:00pm
This role facilitates the use of CarePATH at the site by supporting providers and end users in increasing knowledge and competence of using the functionality in CarePATH They maintain an open dialogue with the Project Team and assist in change communications. Role completes 50% of training for onboarding of new users in the region. Facilitate moving metrics for CPOE bar code scanning and communicating the results of the executive dashboard reports