APG Federal Credit Union Universal Banker (MSG) in Aberdeen, Maryland
APGFCU Your Community Credit Union! APGFCU offers competitive pay and great benefits to include pension, safe harbor, tuition reimbursement, LTD, STD, flexible spending, medical, dental, vision and generous annual and sick leave to qualified individuals with remarkable customer service skills.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, develop new business through the promotion of Credit Union offerings to new and existing members. Be responsible for generating new and increased loan volume. Uncover member needs through personal contact and cross-sell products, automated services and other services to meet these member needs as outlined in established Credit Union goals. Also, assist Branch Management by making recommendations on refunding fees and charges to members. Perform a variety of savings related services and loan related duties.
Also perform diversified Teller duties involving receipt and payment of cash, identification of Member needs and recommendation of appropriate Credit Union products and services. Provide high quality member service in a courteous manner to all contacts. Cash negotiable instruments, sell travelers checks and money orders, and process utility bills. Verify all cash amounts received, enter transactions into on-line computer, summarize and close out all transactions at the close of the day. Perform additional Teller III duties such as but not limited to, training transferred employees, providing limited member service duties, handling currency vault, and all ATM maintenance and settlement (no deposit verification required in some branches), and processing branch settlement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member Service: Provide consistent, courteous and personal service to members. Analyze member needs, match products/ services to maximize member relationships with credit union and increase member wealth. May include outbound calls to existing/potential members to develop loan needs and to solicit new loan business. Demonstrate the use of automated services to new and existing members in order to increase the percentage of members oriented to automated services. Open new accounts, make revisions to existing accounts, and complete transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, and check cashing for the members as appropriate. Investigate member account problems and make determinations on refunding fees and charges, within authority, as warranted by the circumstances.
- *Sales Goals: *Responsible for specific, measurable goals for shares, loans, credit life/disability insurance, cross-selling and referrals based on credit union’s strategic plan.
- *Loan Service: *Increase loan volume by cross-selling loan products to new, existing and prospective members to meet Credit Union goals. Review loan histories and interview loan applicants, recommend suitable loan products, compile necessary documentation, define collateral requirements, and determine monthly payments. Identify debt held by other institutions and cross-sell loan products to members for the transferring of debt to the credit union. Review denied loan requests and make recommendations to supervisor for alternate decision if warranted. Properly communicate denials to members and refer when appropriate to a counseling service. Provide assistance in completing loan applications and associated information. Promote Credit Union Life and Disability Insurance.Knowledge and skills will be maintained by keeping abreast of all policies and procedures and through regular training and practice. Complete all associated paperwork and correspondence with members as necessary.
- Member Account Maintenance: Correct errors in member accounts, calculate penalties and dividends. Perform the quality control function to review savings activities as assigned. Re-order checks, change account information, order membership cards, and perform notary public functions, clear transferring military and civilian members, close accounts, initiate stop payments, and order copies of members' records, as required. Recommend, establish or change such products as payroll deduction, military allotment, and direct deposit based on the members' needs. Properly process transactions using all automated systems of the Credit Union.
- Membership Development: Maintain current member files for follow-up. Identify members who will benefit from our savings and/or loan products and services, and contact members by mail or phone. Assist with membership calls as required for marketing of products and services and any other marketing promotions. Generate ideas to enhance quality service, such as recommendation for workflow improvements and products innovation.
- Quality Control: Identify and communicate to Credit Union Management, product or service related issues or improvements which would result in higher quality services for members or improved financial control for the Credit Union. Maintain adherence to all Credit Union policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, while demonstrating professional service skills and financial integrity, as due course of business.
- *Teller Services: *Perform Teller duties as required or directed. Must be able to assist in training new staff. Must be able to perform all daily teller duties to include opening and closing and balancing of the branch accurately. . Consistently deliver quality member service and be role model for all new tellers. Close member accounts and perform other routine activities associated with savings products and services. Refer member to appropriate department or individual. Participate in maintaining good member relations by providing friendly and efficient service. Observe all safety and security policies and procedures. Must possess a strong knowledge of all teller policy and procedures.
- Additional General: May assist management with administrative and operational duties, on an as needed basis: time sheets, difficult member inquiries and coordination of workflow. Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Education & Education: Equivalent to High School education with additional broad specialized training equivalent to 2 years college. 3 to 5 years sales experience with a financial institution. Experience interviewing loan applicants and an understanding of underwriting with the ability to recommend loan decisions. And a minimum of 18 months teller experienc Experience can be credited in lieu of education.
*Physical Demands: *The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to lift coins or money bags. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Depending on the APGFCU location, the employee may be required to use stair in the course of the business day.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of the features and benefits of financial institution products and services (to include mortgage products). Knowledge of consumer credit laws; skills in communications, customer service, human relations, on-line computers and business math; ability to work independently and as part of a team, problem solve and make decisions. Must be numbers and detail oriented.
*APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status. Please use the attached link to view the EEO law poster *http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the Human Resources Department at HRD@apgfcu.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: October 14, 2016