APG Federal Credit Union Receptionist in Aberdeen, Maryland
APGFCU Your Community Credit Union! APGFCU offers competitive pay and great benefits to include pension, safe harbor, tuition reimbursement, LTD, STD, flexible spending, medical, dental, vision and generous annual and sick leave to qualified individuals with remarkable customer service skills. Under the general supervision of the Branch Manager, receives and directs members entering the branch, completes forms and applications for members, complies with ADA regulations to assist disabled members, and cross-sells Credit Union products and services. Performs transactions, as time allows, for members. Completes general clerical duties as required.
Essential Duties*and* Responsibilities:
- Member Service:Courteously and efficiently greets and directs members and non-members in the main lobby area. Assists members with quick transactions, such as stop payment and photocopy requests, payroll forms, check orders, ATM problems and concerns. Examines personal loan requests for a good review date, and when applicable, takes requests and information from member for processing by a Member Service Representative. Takes bank wire requests from members for immediate processing by the Member Service Center. Assists members with forms and applications, reviewing for completeness and proper information, then forwards to appropriate department for processing. Uses knowledge of Credit Union products and services to effectively cross-sell to meet members’ needs. Notifies Assistant Branch Manager when member waiting times become excessive. Demonstrates ATM, PC Carbook and Credit Union Online products to members. Completes applications for ABBY, Visa Check Card and ATM services. Assists members with pin change requests.
- Cross-Sell/Member Service:Develop and maintain current knowledge of Credit Union products and services and refer member to appropriate product, service, CU department or individual as appropriate for member interaction. Respond to member inquiries, identify needs and recommend appropriate products or services. Participate in maintaining good member relations by providing friendly and efficient service. Maintain monthly Receptionist sales review tool score at a 3.0 or better as outlined within Receptionist standards.
- General Clerical:Performs certain clerical duties, such as compiling and maintaining statistics for reports on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis. Update rate board weekly and ensures message board and Financial/Board of Directors information board is current. Screens visitors to the building and secures a visitor badge as needed. Maintains and secures visitor log. Answers telephone in a courteous manner and directs calls as necessary. Monitors and orders supplies for branch and keeps literature rack full and updated in lobby. Responsible for holding loan disbursals, stop payment forms, etc. for member pick-up. Gathers and calculates day end data for branch settlement, i.e., money order totals, cash totals. Runs check totals for tellers and microfilms checks. Insures that lobby area is neat and no unauthorized literature is left. Accepts and distributes incoming mail and deliveries made directly to the branch and directs all interoffice mail for Member Service Area.
- Additional General:Assists management in identifying problem areas in lobby operation and facility maintenance. Performs various housekeeping duties and other tasks as required.
- Other: Perform other similar or related duties, as required or directed.
Education: Equivalent to a high school diploma plus additional specialized courses.
Experience: Six months to one year experience in general receptionist/clerical work (i.e., ten key calculator, on-line computer, general office procedures) including customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of general clerical duties. Professional telephone manners required. Must be self-motivated. Typing skills required. Knowledge of financial institution procedures, basic principles of debits and credits, and commercial mathematics. Knowledge of personal computers, software applications, and business office equipment. Requires good interpersonal and interaction skills, and organization, oral communication skills and sales aptitude; must have the ability to work as part of a team and handle multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
APGFCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability to Protected Veteran status. Please use the attached link to view the EEO law posterhttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
APGFCU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the Human Resources Department at HRD@apgfcu.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: October 15, 2016